Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Knowledge is Power

Things I Learned Today:

1. I don't like artichoke.
2. When refering to people who work within a church but who are not clergy, one uses the term "religious." Here is an example: The clergy and other religious had a meeting.
3. Awkward encounters in an office break room or hallway will enivitably lead to comments on coffee, the weather, or a nice outfit (regardless of the outfit's actual niceness). A guy I work with always seems to be in the break room at the same time as me, and when we do the polite smile and nod thing I always reflexively say "I need more coffee" and he replies "tell me about it." I think next time I'll mix it up by saying something original like "is it Friday, yet?" or "oh, I was hoping there would be bagels left over."

No comments: