Sunday, August 29, 2010

Dear Black Berry Messaging marketing team: Seriously? You really shorten it to BBM? Can anything ending in BM work? I don't really get how it would be a joke, but do the people who write these ads not listen to the end result? "Oh hey, I just got a BBM!" So, what you're saying is you just got a big bowel movement? Awesome. I want to go get a Black Berry so I can send out loads of BBMs.

Ok, just had to get that out. This weekend I went to the Hudsonville Fair with my dad and the kids...I think the last time I was there was 8th grade or something. Anyway, as you might have seen on my facebook page, the prices were ridiculous! Maybe if we were in Chicago or something I could see spending $6 so my son can ride around a small track three times while some drugged-out looking carni sends out BBMs...but on the west side of Michigan? Come on Dutch people, where is your indignation?!

Overall, though, it was a good visit. It made me think that more kids need to be exposed to farms and animals and 4-H clubs and stuff. I think I'm a better person just from my limited glimpse into those things from having my parents grow up on farms (I say limited since I never actually worked on a farm or was in a 4-H-type club), and I am really proud that I have that heritage in my family.

So, in closing, even though I'm currently watching the Emmys and wondering why I'm not Tina Fey, I'm glad I got to see a bit of the "simpler" life growing up (even though I don't think there is anything simple about farming) and I'm glad that I'm not too worried about my next BBM.

1 comment:

Christy said...

i continue to love this blog! "come on dutch people... " love it!