Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Sunrise, Sunset (like a boss)

I have not blogged in forever...ya'll don't know what you've been missing! My last blog post was June 29, 2011. Since then I've...

1. Started a new job as a legal assistant. No overtime, better pay, the only downside is I miss my friends from P&M. However, it is all worth it because I now work in an office with this:


Dare to behold its beauty. This baby is owned by Mars...so the cappuccino I'm drinking right now? It's a Milky Way cappuccino. The hot chocolate I made in the winter? Dove. Want a chai latte? I don't, but if I did, I could make it. On top of that...there is unlimited Diet Coke, candy, and Ruffles Sour Cream Cheddar chips.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to brag. It is the little things that make the daily grind bearable. See what I did there? Grind? Yeah, the Flavia coffee is freshly ground.

2. Decided to start freelance proofreading. Check out my site at www.kellyfoxreads.com. So far business is booming - if you count two jobs (one from a friend and one from my mother-in-law) booming. So, if you know anyone who could use some help, let me know. You'd be surprised how a good proofreader could improve client perceptions!

3. Had some work done. Not plastic surgery (I wish), but lady surgery. I'm not shy about it, but I'll spare you the details in case you are.

4. Read some really great books. I posted extensively about the WOOL series. Check it out. The author and I are basically best friends (Hugh Howie...I call him How, you know, in my head when I have pretend conversations about how he wants me to read his books on tape for him).

5. Watched my kids turn into little boys. We went to kindergarten roundup for Gavin - I cried. We put a play set up in the backyard and yesterday the boys were playing on it with the neighbor kids - I cried. Basically, I look at them and I cry...not because I'm sad though. Believe me, the fact that they can go play in the backyard while I watch them out the window and cook and clean (a.k.a. read my kindle, check facebook) is awesome. It is just bittersweet.

So that's what I've been doing...I'm going to try and update this blog more often. Look my future posts on women's health and the changing political climate, Detroit financial management, and climate change. Naw, next time I'll probably write about my new love: chicken shawarma.

No comments: